Monday, July 7, 2014

In suuuummmeer

Well, it's already July!!! Less than 2 months until school starts-my baby starts KINDERGARTEN!!! I'm gonna be a hot mess. 
I was trolling her school's web page and had to hold back the tears-my baby eating lunch in the lunch room, without me there making sure she eats, her walking into/out of the school ALONE. What if big kids tease her? Worse-what if she befriends the big kids and learns things she shouldn't?? Oh, mommy worries!!
Did I mention that I was homeschooled? I never had to face these fears, I mean I did, just not so intensely! I'm so scared for Ruby!
BUT!!!! I know she is sooooo ready! That girl is ridiculously smart-she is ready for the intellectual challenge. The social side....that will be interesting! She is seeing a therapist right now for some anxiety issues-(so grateful for our wonderful psychologist!) Ruby is learning some great coping skills/tools to help with all those overwhelming moments. 

Did I mention Ruby's in therapy?? That's for another post, but I will say this: EVERYONE could use a therapy session!!

Anyways, just a little update. Here's a picture of our summer thus far....as good as it got...lol!  

No comments:

Post a Comment