Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The cook

I LOVE to cook!! Even with screaming kids at my ankles, I get satisfaction. Since my gall bladder drama we've really changed our diets. Fat-free dairy, all whole grains, unsalted/low sodium, way more produce, and the introduction of seafood. Fish was a big step for me, I used to gag at the smell! I've embraced salmon with two big hungry arms, shrimp is sooo good, tilapia is tasty.

Today, I made one of the simplest, most delicious seafood dinners EVER! Like, my 5 year old could do it! Italian lemon butter shrimp (and/or tilapia). So, it may not be the healthiest, but it's too yummy not to share!

Italian Lemon Butter Shrimp

1 pkg dry Italian dressing
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 lemons-sliced into circles
30 frozen shrimp-thawed

Set oven to 375.
Melt butter in a glass 9x13 baking dish (microwave worked fine).
Lay the sliced lemons ontop of melted butter, in a single layer.
Place the thawed shrimp ontop of the lemons, in a single layer.
Sprinkle the entire packet of Italian dressing over the shrimp.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and firm. 
Enjoy!!

(I didn't have enough shrimp, so I threw a tilapia filet in the dish, cooked it along with the shrimp. Super yum!)


No comments:

Post a Comment