Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Overwhelmed.............

It's 2:18 am, I can't sleep.
My mind won't stop it's wheels from turning. I have a lot of things on my plate right now, pending baby, the baby I already have, a couple baby showers, a visiting grandfather, my house......... And of course, 2 am is the time to let it all get to you right?!?!?

The babies are surprisingly the least of my stress right now, they are like frosting on my cupcake of life! But right now I feel like my the cream filling is getting smooshed out, make sense? ha ha!
I have a few nursery things to get organized and then I think I'll be more "prepared" for baby #2, but then there is finding the time to do it with all the other happenings!

I am throwing 2 baby showers in a months time, one of which only half the invitees have r.s.v.p.ed and I am already at 22 guests, have you been to my house, I don't know where I'm going to put them! I love you dearly Dani, but you know too many people!!! I am very grateful for the help I am receiving with the shower, it's just a matter of square footage and seating that is freaking my out!
The second shower isn't making me nervous at all, I have like 7 weeks to prepare, I already have the stuff to make invitations, and it is at the mother-to-be's home. Piece of cake.....Oh wait I'll be 36 weeks pregnant at the time of the shower.....Here's to hoping it induces labor!

And then for my visiting grandparent........ That alone is enough, then add the fact that he's coming to visit the week before my due date (Ruby was 9 days early) Then the fact that it's my dad's dad. My dad and I do not have a close relationship, I keep it this way on purpose, it'a healthier this way, I promise.
Trying to explain to my dad that we can't really make any solid plans around that time has been pointless. Today he called and is planning on coming and spending a day at my house with grandpa while he's here. Um...again had to remind him we can't set anything in stone. And no thanks, if I have a 1 week old baby at home, we will not be up to entertaining for a day.
"Oh, but I can take Ruby to the mall of america or something".....Over my dead body! We, her parents, can barely contain her at a restaurant or the grocery store. I don't think sending my dad and 80 year old grandpa out alone with Ruby is a good idea at all. My dad hasn't changed a diaper in 15 years! Enough Said!

Well, it's now 2:50, my cupcake feels less smooshed, thanks for listening

B

No comments:

Post a Comment